1. The phrase that no one could translate properly on my second phone post was "St. Louis... iss ississionians." Or something similar. Though "New England" was a creative effort, Moi.
2. PANCAKES. mr_sarabi made PANCAKES OMG SLURP. Now they are playing Katamari Damacy on the PS2, and I am exercising my eye-hand coordination by trying to operate sarabi's trackball-mouse. I would be so ded if I were trying to do graphics. (Mind you she offered to hunt up a standard mouse for me, so the mental readustment here is my own
3. Poor wee Boy-of-kjwagner has some noncontagious viral infection which is resulting in sleepy + not hungry + terrible hives. He conked out wrapped up in a blanket on the living room floor for most of yesterday evening, and was still sleeping when maeyan and I left kjwagner territory to head over to sarabiville.
4. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Movie! Be good and not spoilery in comments, please. Will probably make spoilery post at some point.
5. I told maeyan that I was only aware of one person I'd ever actually met who would for sure be at the Chicago Serenity showing, so this would not be an exercise in scanning the crowd for faces, as there'd be only one I'd recognise. Admitted in practice there were two, but one was Summer, so that doesn't count. The other was the lovely tzikeh, who I saw and managed to shoot off a wave at, but not speak to, and I honestly don't know if she would have recognised me. Mostly we got to listen to the fanboys behind us, who at one point (pre-movie, lights still up) made a comment (whose context we missed) along the lines of "men don't have slits." Silence, silence, silence, and then I said, "You know, you really don't want to say things like that in an audience that contains slash writers..." No response, so I suspect I was not loud enough for them to hear, which was fine with me, because obviously the point of all things is to amuse
6. I attempted to text-mssage TBQ with "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" from the theatre but before the movie started, but a) I'm not sure if it went through at all, b) I'm not sure if it actually identified itself as being from my phone. Technology is an adventure. I was actually about to send something to justhuman when the lights started going down, so whatever I was going to say was sadly blown out of my mind by Big. Damn. Movie.
7. Pancakes. Did I mention that?