Despite complete nonworkingness of brain preventing doing anything actually productive, I need to remain conscious for the moment. Thus, lyrics game.
The rules for this variant (and basics of disclaimer) stolen from mogigraphia.
1. Put your playlist on shuffle.
2. Post the first lines to the first 25 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
3. Have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
4. Post the answers to the ones people guessed correctly. A couple of days later, post the first two lines of the ones no one got and get people to guess again.
5. Repeat, adding the next line to the unguessed songs each time, until they're all guessed/you've posted the whole song/you've gotten bored/no-one's going to get the damn thing if you don't tell them.
I ignored: instrumental, spoken word, songs that are so obscure no one would have heard them, songs that contain the whole or large parts of the title in the first line, songs by an artist already listed, and songs I've used previously in this game.
I will accept: anybody who's actually recorded the song, for artist, since you're not (usually) going to be able to tell from the lyrics which version I have.
1. Born in the valley and raised in the trees... Run For The Roses - Dan Fogelberg - wesleysgirl
2. Where dips the rocky highland... Stolen Child - Yeats/Loreena McKennitt- - ladysorka
3. Don't forget the scarf I gave you; you're gonna need it when the cold sets in.
I know you'll want the leather sofa, now that you finally got it broken in.
Go ahead and take the table I just painted; that stuff was really never you and me.
4. I love my friends, and they love me,
We're just as close as we can be.
-I Got It From Agnes - Tom Lehrer - lady_alys
5. Restless eyes close; maybe it'll go away.
Please rest tomorrow; bring a satisfied day.
The restless urge of love that's worth burning for...
6. Look at me laughing, look at me joking; I'm having such fun. The Wind Blew All Around Me - Mary Lou Lord - hernewshoes
7. Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry. The Scientist - Aimee Mann (Coldplay) - bailunrui
8. I have spent nights with matches and knives. Blood and Fire - Indigo Girls - mireille719
9. Lately she feels at home in airports. Moving Target - Christine Lavin - crazydiamondsue
10. You made up your mind it was time it was over... Somewhere In My Broken Heart - Billy Dean - kimberlyfdr
11. Don't think sorry's easily said. Eye In The Sky - Alan Parsons Project - wesleygirl
12. On a dark desert highway... Hotel California - The Eagles - ladysorka
13. When the fire burns out here, it's brighter than the city lights,
warmer than a heart of gold.
Nullarbor Song - Kasey Chambers - shesblazing
14. Now there was a time when we used to say... Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves - Eurythmics/Aretha Franklin - shepenwepet
15. It's the third hardest thing I'll ever do... Holding Her And Loving You - Clay Walker/(Earl Thomas Conley) - kimberlyfdr
16. Your phone call took me by surprise. Lone Star State of Mind - Nanci Griffith - tx_cronopio
17. Still, I think of you, baby ...
and how I grew old with you then.
And this summer, you'll call - maybe, and act as if we were old friends.
18. I hate to talk like this... Keep Myself Awake - Black Lab - elfbystarlight
19. Don't wish it away. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues - Elton John - mireille719
20. Well, I know I disappeared a time or two... Little Rock - Collin Raye - kimberlyfdr
21. If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be... Hands - Jewel - wesleysgirl
22. Your eyes are burning holes through me. Electrolyte - REM - mireille719
23. All I can say is that my life is pretty plain. No Rain - Blind Melon - mireille719
24. When everything is going wrong and you can't see the point of going on ... Androgyny - Garbage - mogigraphia
25. And all our sins come back to haunt us in the end,
to hang around and tap us on the shoulder...
Mistakes We Knew We Were Making - Straylight Run - anandangel