The remaining lyrics from this post, with the next line added.
1. Put your playlist on shuffle.
2. Post the first lines to the first 25 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
3. Have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
4. Post the answers to the ones people guessed correctly. A couple of days later, post the first two lines of the ones no one got and get people to guess again.
5. Repeat, adding the next line to the unguessed songs each time, until they're all guessed/you've posted the whole song/you've gotten bored/no-one's going to get the damn thing if you don't tell them.
I ignored: instrumental, spoken word, songs that are so obscure no one would have heard them, songs that contain the whole or large parts of the title in the first line, songs by an artist already listed, and songs I've used previously in this game.
I will accept: anybody who's actually recorded the song, for artist, since you're not (usually) going to be able to tell from the lyrics which version I have.
3. Don't forget the scarf I gave you; you're gonna need it when the cold sets in. I know you'll want the leather sofa, now that you've finally got it broken in. Go ahead and take the table I just painted; that stuff was really never you and me.
5. Restless eyes close; maybe it'll go away. Please rest tomorrow; bring a satisfied day. The restless urge of love that's worth burning for...
17. Still, I think of you, baby, and how I grew old with you then. And this summer, you'll call - maybe, and act as if we were old friends.
- Lame and Stubborn to the Very End