For bookmemery, which is more or less irresistible. Snurched most recently from kimera.
- 1. Pick 10 of your favorite books or series.
2. Post the first sentence of each book. (If one sentence seems too short, post two or three!)
3. Let everyone try to guess the titles and authors of your books.
1. Dying's not so bad. At least I won't have to answer the telephone.
2. Mother, I am in love with a robot. The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee, guessed by outsideth3box
3. Any Christmas visitor looking for Carnival's Hide dropped down from the hilltops by a shingle road that elbowed its way across farmland already scrawled over by sheep tracks.
4. One day, Old Witch, the head witch of all the witches, was banished. The Witch Family by Eleanor Estes, guessed by maisfeeka
5. Farrell arrived in Avicenna at four-thirty in the morning, driving a very old Volkswagen bus named Madame Schumann-Heink. The Folk of the Air by Peter S. Beagle, guessed by jadelennox
6. Grant lay on his high white cot and stared at the ceiling.
7. In the Hour before time began, Meerclar Allmother came out of the darkness to the cold earth.
8. It's raining, Annie. Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden, guessed by rhi_silverflame
9. There came three ladies at sundown. The Innkeeper's Song by Peter S. Beagle, guessed by steelneko
10. By day, the Nicollet Mall winds through Minneapolis like a paved canal. The War For the Oaks by Emma Bull, guessed by auroramama