1. "Hey, I wonder if I should make another I aten't ded yet post to LJ? It's been a few months." (2 minutes of debating writing more vs. just setting my Twitter and Tumblr up to crosspost links to LJ but suspecting that would annoy people)
2. "I could re-post my Happy 7th Birthday Fandom High post in lieu of actual content. Or would that annoy the people who don't play there and hate that it's where I spend most of my online time instead of doing more mainstream fannish stuff now? Plus it might also annoy the people who don't play there anymore and are sick of hearing about it? Eh, whatever, I'll wait until my actual game anniversary, which is sometime next week, since I joined in the second wave, not the first day." (3 minutes of pondering)
3. "I do kind of wonder how many people have defriended me because I post so infrequently that the journal looks dead, though. Let's look at my userinfo!" (30 seconds of waiting for LJ to decide to load)
4. "Hunh, not many, really. Guess I'll poke at the comms I'm a member of but don't watch anymore, though, while I'm here, to see if anyone posted anything interesting." (30 seconds of scanning profile)
5. sickchicks: (5 minutes, immediately remembered why I took it off in the first place: fannish drift coupled with an unrewarding ratio of Not My Kink to My Kinks.)
6. "OH GOD fake_lj_deaths! I FORGOT THAT EXISTED!" (5 minutes before getting linked to an offhand reference to turimel and the VB/Jordan Wood/Thanfiction saga.)
7. turimel --> Kumquatwriter (formerly OrangeblossomB) --> notadiamond (formerly diamondtook) --> "Hey, should I go look at the Fandom Wank writeup? No, bc then I'd have to read my own threadbare summary of early bits that now makes me cringe and if you go any further down the hole YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE, plus remembering how much of my Journalfen flist is now social justice
8. Back to fake_lj_deaths to read the actual new posts in the last 6 months. (10 minutes)
9. In conclusion, Wank Is Still My Fandom.
10. "Internet brainpaths are fun to chart. I should write this one down so other people may laugh at it too. Except that's a fuckload of steps to post on twitter, and I can only get to tumblr from my phone and besides my tumblr is pretty much all horror-themed and I don't want to cross the streams. Where can I--"
11. "Oh. Right."